Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ah, Locals. (:


The locals here in Ireland are absolute sweet hearts.  When we all travel to Spiddal or Galway and go into the pubs or a small café the people are so nice.  They are interested in where we are from in the United States, and ask us what brings us here (school).  If they think we are interesting, I would say they are very interesting in general, especially their accents.  The locals make you feel safe in all ways possible, and they are not shy to come up and talk to you either.  Although, their driving scares me a bit.  I guess I would fit in just right for those of you who know how “safe” I drive.  Last weekend all of us went to Galway, and a group of us went to the King’s Head.  It was awesome, they always have live bands so it is really cool.  Everyone has a great time and they dance. On 9 February it was Pancake Tuesday, and it is quite the big deal here.  It is the day before Ash Wednesday... Ireland is very religious.  Any who, six of us walked to Spiddal while it was raining pretty well, keep in mind that Spiddal is two miles away from where we are staying all for AMAZING pancakes at Tigh Giblin.  Literally the best pancakes I have ever ate.  So the walk was well worth it.  Usually I do not eat them at all in the United States, but I am so glad I did.  I ordered mine with apples, and when my plate came out with three small pancakes, melted dark chocolate, diced green apples, and maple syrup, my heart was so very happy.  Our waiter was the nicest guy and did everything he could to accommodate us.  One thing I love about this country is that the taxes are within the prices. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment