Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Daily Life


It has been about 3 weeks since I have arrived in Ireland and each day gets better and better. Monday through Wednesday I have class from 10am to about 2pm.  It is a long haul, but the breaks keep me going.  I usually don’t get up until about 9:20 and then I slowly make my way out of bed.  Definitely not a morning person, but each day is getting better.  It rains literally every day, or hails.  When it is sunny outside, I cherish it because it rarely happens.  The weather is beautiful either way though.  The cold bothered me at first but now it is fine.  After class, I usually go to Spiddal with my friends.  The 2 mile walk is a breeze, the scenery will never get old, and it is definitely on point.  The ocean is beautiful, I cannot get enough of it.  If it was warmer I would go swimming.  Also, I am in love with all of the rocks, stone, and houses that Ireland has to offer.  It is nothing that I have seen before.  Walking to Spiddal is a great way to clear my head and it makes me super happy, especially on beautiful days we rarely have. Ha. Uh, Tigh Giblin is an amazing restaurant and they have the best queso dip.  Might be better than Qdoba if that is possible.  As were in Spiddal we go to Texaco to grab a few groceries.  I do cook, and my cooking skills are definitely improving.  The other night I made my cottage, baked chicken, sautéed peppers, and rice. It wasn’t too fancy but it was mighty delicious.  Also, in Galway is where my cottage mates do our real grocery shopping at.  Dunnes is an excellent store with excellent prices.  Galway has a harbor and when I first saw it I was amazed.  I have never seen anything like it before.  It makes me want to go deep sea fishing just to get more of an experience of being in Ireland.  It is truly amazing how much Ireland feels like home minus cornfields and familiar faces.    

No comments:

Post a Comment