Thursday, February 4, 2016

Week 1 of an Adventure


On January 30th, 2016 I boarded a plane to Newark, New Jersey and after the four hour layover my group and I was off to Ireland. My thoughts on the plane were normal I would say although I was not scared at all, maybe just a tad nervous.  I was excited more than anything. I have never been to such a beautiful country until now. I was amazed of how cold, windy, and rainy it is here.  Reading about it and experiencing it are two different things.  If I can handle this weather and having to walk miles in this sort of weather  there is no excuse for me to complain about Nebraska weather.   We finally arrived at the Park Lodge Hotel and that's where we saw where we would be staying in an adorable cottage. Jet lag is a real thing, this week has been rough considering I have been going to sleep around 7am and having class at 10am.  Six hours does not seem like a big difference but it truly is.  On Sunday, my roomies and I took a walk to the Atlantic Ocean.  It is beautiful there and very salty. On Monday we had our first class.  Jean Marie teaches us Irish!  So far I have learned multiple Irish words.   Later that day we walked two miles in eighty mile per hour wind to get to a tiny town called Spiddal.  Took a tour of the place and finally found a coffee shop.  I was amazed by how cheap it is and how delicious it is.  WAY better than American coffee.  Classes are going well for it being the first week. Ireland makes me not want to go back to America.

3 comments:

  1. So amazing Kellie. We all miss you! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing Kellie. We all miss you! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete