Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Field trip to Westport


Last weekend all of use went to Westport.  On the way there we stopped at Croagh Patrick.  It is a beautiful mountain, and the hike is insane.  It is more of what professional hikers would hike.  I made it half way to the actual half way point. The view is breath taking, but it also takes your breath away as you climb it.  I thought it was harder to walk down the mountain than it was to walk up it.  I literally had to watch every step so I would not fall.  Also, it takes about two hours to get to the top of the mountain and an hour and a half to get down for the normal person.  All I can say is be mentally prepared, dress accordingly, bring lots of water and bring a walking stick for the climb.   


 

 Finally, we arrived in Westport. The town has been nominated for tidiest town numerous times.  Quite frankly, it is the cutest town I have been to yet.  Small and well put together.  The people are extremely nice, but the guys are very flirty.  Which was annoying.  The day I arrived I did not do a dang thing.  My friend Alexa and I went out to eat to a Chinese Restaurant and it was a bit expensive for fried rice. Not cool.  The next day which was a Sunday, I went to the Westport House.  The walk there had the most beautiful scenery I have seen.  Nature is soothing for the soul.  I did not go into the house, I walked around it.  My favorite thing about the house was that I met Humpty Dumpty and I saved him from falling.  He is a great guy.
 
After I finished with the house, I went back into town.  On the way back I saw this van that said “MATTHEWSON” on the back.  It is my last name, so I went up and talked to the guys because I am a curious and friendly person.  They were cool cats.  FYI do not mention Northern Ireland to anyone who lives in plain Ireland because they do not take it well.  Hard pass. Other than that Westport was good craic.  I would definitely go back for a day or so.  Just not on a Sunday because almost everything is closed.  Keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment