Friday, April 1, 2016

Ireland Fam Bam


The social life Ireland has to offer is spot on.  I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else except for my great people I now call family.  Galway is grand.  Taffes, Kings Head, Quays, and Karma are all great pubs to go too.  Live music is a thing at every pub, it is good craic.  Even on the weeknights they have live music.  At the mandatory meetings we had to attend before the trip, I was a bit skeptical about everyone I will be spending the next three months with.  Turns out they are pretty cool humans.  All of us are pretty close to each other, within 3 weeks all of us knew quite a bit about one another.  I thought that was fairly fast but these are the only people I have for 3 months.  Everyone with me on this trip are my family.   My friend Regan celebrated her 21st birthday here in Ireland, and the crew threw her a surprise birthday party in the cottages.  She had no idea, when she walked into the cottage she was almost in tears.  She was thrilled.  All of us had party hats on and it was simply a great night. 


Also, just this week we threw a hen party for Miranda.  Not every day does your friend get proposed to in Madrid, Spain.  Seriously how cute.  I am so happy for her and Tiff.  Buying the hen party supplies was a lot of fun.  It was my first one I have ever been a part of.  We definitely celebrated the Irish way. 

 
I love all of them so much, but after spending every minute together, I find that I need to give myself space.  We breathe the same air, we attend class together, we basically sleep together, we eat together, we travel together, we literally do every single thing together.  So sometimes it is nice  to take time out for myself. 
BUT I would not have my journey be any different.  I love Ireland, and the people I am experiencing it with.  It is definitely the best decision I have ever made.  Long friendships all because I decided to study abroad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment